Monday, December 04, 2006

My New View…Kind Of

That's Long's Peak from Lake Waneka in Lafayette. Actually I look over the back yard into someone's window. Peach will fill you in on that!
Moving is over, thank God and I’m all settled in. The commute is only ten minutes longer so it wasn’t too bad. I was so sore from humping boxes and furniture up and down stairs, that I only worked half a day.I was talking to this young woman (around 25) on the bus and she asked if I was new to the area. Told her I was and that I wanted to find the local Walmart. She said I shouldn’t shop there and to go to Cole’s instead. I asked where that was. She asked me for a piece of paper. Thought she was going to draw a map, but noooo…she gave me her number and told me to call her for directions. She kept talking about her husband and kids. “Tell me more about you husband,” I said.

No comments: